Lucy possesses brown eyes, blond hair that is usually tied by a varying colored ribbon in a singular bunch to the right side of her head and like most of the female characters, she also has large breasts.
Unlike almost all other characters, Lucy does not consistently wear the same type of clothes (Because her clothes either rip off or are destroyed in most of the story arcs). Her clothes practically change every single arc and can even change during one. However, she always has a belt that, along with keeping her skirt up, holds her Celestial Spirit keys and a whip with a love heart-shaped end.
Due to the extremely sexy underwear she wears, the rest of the team always gets shocked when they found it. (How and why they find it is because they look for her in the drawers, her laundry basket and her bathtub, along with every possible nook and cranny they deem appropriate).
Fairy Tail Guild
Since her relationship with her father is very complicated, Lucy sees Fairy Tail as her family. She is usually annoyed by the insanity of its members, but she loves its warm atmosphere and looks up to many of its mages.
Natsu is the person who brought Lucy to Fairy Tail. In fact, Lucy refuses to go on a mission if Natsu is not there to accompany her. She is annoyed by Natsu's destructive and impulsive nature and his tendency to break into her house, but is amused by his childishness she cares for him very much. They are very close friends, the extremity of being shown in the Phantom Lord Arc. When Lucy was captured, she was desperate to escape from Jose. She then jumped off the sky prison when Natsu was there, knowing that he was there and that he would catch her. Natsu also saved Lucy when she got captured and beaten by Gajeel.
Happy teases Lucy most of the time and she is annoyed by this. However, it has been shown that Happy cares for Lucy deeply.
Lucy and Gray are very good friends and care for each other. Lucy is usually annoyed by Gray's stripping habit. And sometimes the tendency breaking into her house without his clothes which Lucy scold him about it. He is also an Ice mage. Lucy seems to show for the most part a platonic friendship with Gray. However ever since Juvia became aware that they were of the same team, she insists that Lucy is after Gray and sees her as a rival (since Juvia has a large crush on Gray).
Lucy admires Erza's strength and beauty. She really considers her as a role model and cares for her as a true friend.
They have a complicated relationship due to him caring more about his business than paying attention to his daughter, which resulted in Lucy running away from home. According to Lucy, her dad never cared for her. After a year, her father put in a request at the Phantom Lord Guild for them to find Lucy and bring her back. This sparked a war between Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord. After the war ended, Lucy visted her father to supposedly apologize to him for running away. In reality, she wanted to cut ties with him for the pain and suffering he caused to Fairy Tail and tells him that if he ever comes near Fairy Tail again, she and the guild would consider him an enemy. Recently, after her father loses his fortune she reunite with him one more time when he ask her for money she told him she dosn't have any of it which made him feel rejected and throw tantrum which led Lucy to yell at him and tell him to go away later when Lucy tried to rescue her father after knowing that the marchent guild that he trying to work for.After Lucy defeat the the dark guild she realize that her father wasn't their yet cause he had to walk from Magnolia to Acalypha when she met him and realize that she was worry he thank her but Lucy told him she haven't forgive yet. After her father told Lucy how he met her mother in the same marchent guild Love and Lucky and reveal that the name Lucy came from the guild because of the missing k. Afterwards Lucy and her father leaves on good terms.
The earliest concept of Lucy, not much different from the original idea. Lucy used the cards instead of keys, but because this idea has already been repeatedly used, Mashima abandoned it.
Early Lucy also had two pony-tails instead of one bunch, and wore a more retro clothes, with with jabot, frills and lace.
This is what Lucy said, when she has a interview with Sorcerer Magazine reporter:
- What is the best quality of Fairy Tail?
- It has a lot of powerful mages
- What is your future dream?
- I want to become novel writer.
- With whom do you have the best relationship?
- With Natsu and Levy.
- What was the most difficult job you have ever taken?
- All of the jobs I took. I wish that there are some jobs that are easier to handle.
- Nearly every time Lucy goes to her apartment, one or more of her teammates is there. Natsu even slept in her bed once.
- Lucy often balances on a strip of brick right near the river, with a nearby boatman telling her to be careful. She also almost slipped into the water once, after losing her balance, in the anime, on the night before the Miss Fairy Tail Contest.
- Nearly, every time when Lucy attempts to seduce someone she fails humorously to which Natsu calls her useless.
- Her clothes rip off or change in most of the story arcs.
- Lucy's rent is always an issue. She always complains about it, and it is a problem which her teammates seem to have gotten a habit of collectively trying to solve, suggesting jobs to her, or helping her out, etc. They also sometimes discuss how to make the rent every month, even when she isn't around.
- Her quote when summoning spirit before performing contract is "I am linked to the path to the world of celestial spirits, now! O spirit, answer my call and pass through the gate"